Sunday, October 31, 2010

So That's Where My Limit Is

All I wanted to do was add a new exercise regime into my schedule to kick it up a notch.

I've been reticent to return to my prior level of workouts since my injury in late February, and I'm tired of feeling not-so-toned since then. (And yes, you're right - that injury should be old news by  now. But it didn't heal picture-perfectly, so when I finally got clearance in early July to exercise again, the doctor stipulated I ease into my favorite pursuits. I'm back to tennis full-strength. But not running yet - just speed-walking a couple days a week. And I miss strength training.) I'm ready for more.

The program I want to do would be a great way to throw me back into the intense workout habit: P90X. It requires a 60-90 minute strenuous workout 7 days a week, for 90 days.

But I've just reached the awful conclusion that I I've hit my limit! There's no room in my schedule to add a 7- to 10.5-hour commitment to my week, without removing something else.

And I don't have anything else I can remove right now. My two biggest endeavors are (1) building the new house and (2) starting my new business. That's on top of working part-time for my husband's business, running the household, and managing the kids' schedules. And playing tennis.

I mean, I'm already getting up at 5:30 am. By 9:00/9:30 pm, when the kids finally go to bed, I'm exhausted.

{ s i g h }

I guess I have to face the fact that I can't do everything I want to do.

Or maybe I can squeeze it in every other day. Let me take another look at my schedule... 

No comments: