Monday, November 23, 2009

In His Pocket

From the category of Strange But True, I bring you the latest (indeed strange) discovery from my son's pocket.

{Long-time readers may recall a post from January in which I revealed some of the very odd objects found in my son's pockets while I launder his clothes.}

So today, after school, we were sitting in a doctor's waiting room. My son was being silly about something or other, and declared, "You know what's missing? Glitter!" He stuck his hand in his pocket. When he pulled it out again, his fingers were covered with blue glitter.

Yes, his fingers were covered with blue glitter. From his pocket.

Allow this to sink in. (It took me a moment...)

Good thing he shared this with me. He doesn't usually feel the need to tell me what he's collected and stashed in his pants pockets. I keep a catch-all bucket near the washing machine for the express purpose of storing these finds... found by me after they've already been through the ringer, of course.

Had he kept this to himself, I would have been irritatingly surprised to find an entire load of the family's clothes covered in blue glitter. Do you know how hard it is to get glitter out of anything? Thankfully, I was privy to his find before it contaminated the rest of the laundry.

Now, excuse me while I quarantine his clothes.

No comments: