Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fantasizing

Since I'm not nearly as active now as I'm used to being, I've taken to fantasizing about adventure activities and travel to far-off lands. These are two places on my list of places I've just got to go. (Maybe when the kids are older?)











The Ice Hotel in Sweden (north of the Arctic Circle) -- Travel via dog sled from the airport to the hotel; sleep on a bed of ice covered with reindeer skins; enjoy vodka in the Ice Bar; experience an arctic trail snowmobile safari
















Cave hotel in Cappadocia, Turkey -- Stay in the caves by night, then explore the underground cities within the volcanic landscape by day

I'm sure there will be more to come. These were the places that came to mind this morning.

But for now, maybe I'll plan a ski trip for Christmas break, someplace nearby in the upper midwest or northeast? And keep my fingers crossed that the hip is ready for some fun by then!

No comments: