Friday, January 23, 2009

Difference: 7 & 54

What a difference 7 days and 54 degrees makes!

It was just one week ago that I blogged about the 3-degree morning, and the revulsion I felt about putting on workout shorts and braving the cold.

Today, by contrast, was fabulous! Although I was busy from sunup to sundown with that magically multiplying To Do list, it was so much more tolerable today.

Here in Cincinnati, the temperature rose to 57 degrees. AND the sun was out! In between work, carpooling, and errands, I put on those formerly-despised workout shorts and got to work with our trainer.

I felt so alive! So carefree!

I've lived in Ohio all my life. I'm used to the seasons, the variations within the seasons. The swings in temperature make for an tantalizing backdrop of life. But of all the seasons, winter is my least favorite. So when Mother Nature teases me with a hint of spring in January, even though my mind knows it's a mirage, my heart can't help but believe.

That mirage was just what I needed to get through the rest of winter.

I'm still sitting here in my shorts, but I'll keep that winter coat nearby.

No comments: